To Serve and give is the privilege given to mankind by the almighty. When we serve without expectations we become pure and get fulfillment. It is also our responsibility to serve people as individuals or as a community because we are always indebted to so many in our life. This service is our humble offering at the feet of the Lord for what He has provided us.
Keeping this well in mind, Chinnmaya Seva Trust Madurai was formed in 1996 under the Guidance of Pujya Guruji Swami Tejomayananda. The Trust undertakes many service activities for the people in their all-around growth. Many Philanthropic minded people support the activities of the Trust.
The Trust lends its support to the needy people in the following fields of activities.
- Educational support is provided to school and college students based on their merit and economic background.
- Every year school uniforms are provided for more than 300 school children through schools
- Medical assistance is provided for the needy and periodical medical camps are conducted and medicines are given freely.
- Financial assistance is provided for marriages who are economically in need.
- During natural disasters, Funds and Materials provided to the people who affected by the calamity.
- Annadanam is arranged during various occasions.
- During Deepavali festival the Trust provides new cloths for the needy Men, Women and Children.
- During Pongal festival ingredients for preparing pongal for all needy people near chinmaya Mission Madurai.
- The trust promotes Indian Art and Cultural activities by supporting various organizations. The trust also conducts various competitions and gives prizes to motivate the children and students.
The trust helps Chinmaya Mission Madurai for conducting various value oriented camps for school and college students. It helps Mission to conduct various activities which benefits the society in large.